Murchison Falls National Park Rules and Regulations
Murchison falls National Park rules and regulations are primarily for the conservation and protection of wildlife in the park. The park is the largest in Uganda and boasts of an enormous and variety of game including four of the Big Five which can be spotted during a Game Drive Safari in the park. Murchison Falls Park Rules are standard guidelines set up by Uganda Wildlife Authority to which visitors on a Safari Tour to Murchison Falls National Park should adhere. These rules and regulations however cut across all Uganda National Parks and are not only for ensuring wildlife and habitat sustainability/longevity but also catering for the safety of the visitors. Some of Murchison falls National Park rules and regulations are:
- Ensure less disturbance to the animals by not sounding motor horns when driving in the park.
- Do not exceed the park speed limit of 40Km per hour. Always remember that wildlife has the first right of way so drive carefully for the safety of the animals.
- No driving in the park between 6.00am and 7.00pm. Animals should be left to have some rest from people if they are to remain in their wild state.
- Keep in the car unless after permission from your guide and park ranger. The guide knows the park very well and can advise if it’s safe.
- Do not litter the park. Keep any kind of litter in the car and dispose it off at designated rubbish bins located at the entrance of the park.
- Don’t pick flowers or destroy any vegetation in the park.
- Off track driving is strictly not allowed and attracts a fine of US$150 when caught
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed into the park.
- Do not camp on your own or make camp fire outside the designated areas in the park.
- Smoke at designated areas and avoid littering especially the cigarette ends or matches
- Firearms and ammunitions are not allowed in the park.
- Entrance to the park is strictly after payment. You are therefore required to present all the necessary payment receipts or entry cards at the park office at any entry point. Also keep them for inspection.
You might also want to learn about:
Recommended tours to Murchison Falls National Park