Book the 1 day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour and visit one of the leading primates Sanctuaries in the world – Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. It is located in Lake Victoria near Entebbe International airport and is popularly known as the home for the orphaned Chimpanzees. Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary was started in 1998 with 19 Chimpanzees but is currently home to over 50 Chimpanzees that have since been rescued across East Africa.
1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour is basically for viewing the caregiving and feeding of the Chimpanzees without tracking them. A day visit to this exquisite Island will leave you amazed by the close relation we have with these distinctive creatures as you closely watch them interact with their care givers. You will also learn more about their ecology and behaviours. There are 2 sessions for this tour; you either take up the morning session or afternoon session. Also it is possible to sign up for both sessions and that will be a full day experience at Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary.
1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour Program
Depending on the session you are signed for, we have an arrangement for the driver to pick you from your hotel or desired location at 7.00am (morning session) or at 11.00am (afternoon session) and transfer to Entebbe for a boat trip to the island. During the 45minutes boat ride to Ngamba Island, you shall be simultaneously amazed by the splendor of Africa’s biggest fresh water body – Lake Victoria, the local fishermen and birds like the fish eagles, cattle egrets, among others. Request a Quote
On arrival, you shall be warmly received by the staff who will take you through an insight into the place and the Chimpanzees after which they will lead you to the viewing platform facing the feeding area where a great deal of the Chimpanzees cheerful moments awaits you. The climax of this tour are the fascinating sights of the Chimpanzees as they interact among themselves and with their caregivers. It won’t take much time for you to notice the different personalities among the group with some whistling, others clapping, raising hands to beg for food or attract the attention of the caregivers. After feeding, the Chimpanzees will disappear back to their forest that is right after their feeding area.
After those intriguing moments by the Chimpanzees, depart at 11.00am (morning session) or 5.pm (afternoon session) to again enjoy the boat ride back to Entebbe. For the afternoon trip, lunch will be at Ngamba sanctuary restaurant and in Entebbe town restaurant (upon return) for those who may have signed up for the morning trip. Drop off will be at your preferred place/hotel or even Entebbe airport for your onward flight. Note: Our Full day Ngamba Island tour will allow you more time to enjoy the island and these fascinating Chimpanzees.
Price per person for the 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour
No. of people 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 – 9 Price-pp in USD 155
- Prices for 1, 2 or 3 people are subject to the availability of others to fill the speed boat.
- Children below 5 years are free and those from 6-12 years pay half of the adult fee.
The package prices include:
- Return transfers from your hotel/preferred location to Entebbe.
- Return boat trip to the island
- Entry permit
- Guide fees
- Lunch at the island or Entebbe town
The package prices exclude:
- Personal use items
- Drinks like beers/sodas
- Tips to guides
- Any tours/excursions at the island other than Chimpanzee viewing.
Packing list for the 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee tour
- Rain gear since it can rain any time regardless of the season.
- Warm clothing for the chilly wind on the speed boat.
- Cap/hat to keep your hair intact
- Camera to capture the moments.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent.
Some of our other Chimpanzee tours in Uganda/Rwanda
- Full Day Experience at Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- 2 Days Kibale Chimpanzee trekking
- 2 Days Budongo Forest Chimps and top of Murchison Falls Trip
- 3 Days Kibale forest Chimpanzees
- 3 Days Queen Elizabeth Chimpanzees and wildlife safari
- 3 Days Kibale Chimpanzees and Queen Elizabeth tour
- 3 Days Kibale Forest Chimpanzees and Semliki hot springs tour
- 3 Days Murchison falls and Budongo Chimps
- 2 Days Chimps and canopy walk in Nyungwe forest, Rwanda
- 5 Days Uganda Gorillas and Chimpanzees.