Request a Quote
This 12 Days Uganda Wildlife safari takes you from Entebbe International Airport to Uganda’s top safari destinations like Murchison Falls National Park for a great game viewing adventure, Kibale National park popular for Chimpanzee trekking, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for the best Gorilla trekking experience and a lot more as per the detailed program below.
Day 1 – Arrival at Entebbe International Airport
Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport, your driver guide and representative from the company shall warmly welcome you, brief you on your 12 Days Uganda Wildlife safari tour and thereafter transfer you to a booked hotel in Entebbe/Kampala to rest and overnight.
Day 2 – Kampala – Murchison Falls National Park
After early breakfast the driver guide shall pick you at 7:00 am and start the trip, heading to Murchison Falls National Park; Uganda’s most popular destination with a stopover at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary to track the rhinos that are protected in this sanctuary. You shall have lunch en-route in Masindi town. When you get to the park you shall visit the top of the famous Murchison Falls, which are also the world’s strongest waterfalls. From there you will transfer to your accommodation for the rest of the day and overnight.
Day 3 – Murchison Falls National Park
Wake up for an early cup of tea/coffee at 6.00am and thereafter set off for the game drive into the park to spot a variety of wildlife. Expect big game such as Elephants, Lions, Buffaloes, Giraffes, Hyenas, and Antelopes among others. After 3 hours in the park you return to the lodge for a full breakfast.
Day 4 – Murchison – Kibale National Park
After breakfast check out and embark a drive southwards to Kibale National Park. Lunch is en-route in Hoima. Check in at your accommodation for dinner and overnight.
Day 5 – Kibale Forest National Park
Wake up early for breakfast and then transfer to the park offices by 7.30am. Find the rangers and then head into the forest to look for Chimpanzee trekking. Only an hour is allowed to view the Chimpanzees when you find them. Check out of the forest to meet your driver guide and transfer back to the lodge for lunch.
Day 6 – Kibale – Queen Elizabeth National Park
After breakfast check out and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park, a journey that takes you through stunning landscapes like the tea plantations, green hills, crater lakes and the Rwenzori Mountain ranges. Take a short introductory drive through the park to your lodge. Have lunch and later transfer down to the pier for a boat ride on Kazinga Channel . It’s at this time of the day when the sun is high in the sky that most animals make their way to the water channel to quench their thirst, swim and play. It presents a great opportunity to see many at a closer range as you cruise on the water. You shall spot more hippos than you can possibly imagine! Herds of elephants, buffaloes, several birds and a lot more can be viewed moving up and down the channel banks. Return to your lodge after the 3 hours boat cruise.
Day 7 – Ishasha tree lions game drive
Have a cup of tea/coffee at 6.30am before setting off for the game driving journey to Ishasha sector of the park which exposes more animals like the elephants, antelopes, buffaloes and plenty of birds. Extending to the southern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park is a great opportunity of spotting the tree climbing lions lying up in fig tree branches. Game viewing through Ishasha and Queen Elizabeth National Park exposes other animals like the elephants, antelopes, buffaloes and many birds. Check into the lodge after the game drives.
Day 8 – Queen Elizabeth National Park – Bwindi National Park
After breakfast, make another round of a game drive to have more time with the tree climbing lions. Later check out and travel to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – home of the endangered Mountain Gorillas. Arrive late afternoon/evening and visit communities around Bwindi forest park.
Day 9 – Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Have breakfast at 7.00am, get packed lunch from the lodge and transfer to the park offices. You are allocated a Gorilla family you are to track and thereafter head into the forest to find it. A maximum one hour is allowed to spend with the Gorillas, thereafter return and transfer to the lodge for relaxation and overnight.
Day 10 – Bwindi – Lake Bunyonyi
After breakfast check out and drive to Lake Bunyonyi, a wonderful place to relax. You also do a canoe ride on the lake and visit the some of the islands on it. You may also visit the local communities along the terraced highlands around the lake.
Day 11 – Lake Bunyonyi – Kampala
After breakfast check out and depart for Kampala. You shall make a stopover in Mbarara town for lunch, and another one at the Uganda Equator. Dinner and overnight at the lodge in Kampala.
Day 12 – Departure
Depending on your flight departure, you may do a short tour of the Kampala City before transferring to the airport for departure back home.
End of your 12 Days Uganda Wildlife safari
Safari inclusions are:
- All accommodation in private ensuite rooms on full board
- All ground transportation in 4×4 safari vehicles
- Airport transfers
- Professional and experienced English speaking tourist driver guide
- A Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking permit per person – should be secured in advance
- All entry fees and activities in national parks
- Nature walks and community visits
- Government taxes
- Drinking water in the vehicles for an entire safari
Safari price exclusions are:
- Visa/entry permit for Uganda
- Personal Insurance covers
- Personal use items
- Tips, beverages and souvenirs.
- A negative PCR test for Covid-19 is no longer a requirement before boarding flight to Uganda and you shall not be subjected to more testing at Entebbe airport on arrival.
- Apply for your Ugandan visas online as there is no more issuance of visas on arrival.
- Gorilla trekking is dependent on permits availability but whose demand is so high. You are advised to book the tour well in advance to avoid disappointment. The same goes to Chimpanzee and Golden Monkey trekking.
- Gorilla trekking is a strenuous activity and so requires some mental and physical preparedness prior to the visit.
- We recommend you pack the following: Rain poncho (lightweight), long-sleeved shirt, waterproof trousers, sturdy hiking boots, leather gardening -type gloves, sunscreen, insect repellent and any necessary medications must be brought by yourselves from your home town. Still Cameras and Video Cameras are allowed, but bring their respective accessories.
- While possession of the Gorilla permit guarantees trekking and sighting of the Gorillas, the time taken to find them can never be predetermined. However, the maximum time before them is 1 hour and trekking is restricted to any individual below 15 years.
- There are set park rules and regulations that must be adhered to at all times while in the national parks. You will get them through briefing by your driver guides.