Murchison Falls National Park Fees
A tour to Murchison Falls National Park is one of the very rewarding trips after the Gorilla trekking Safaris. As one of the best Safari destinations in Uganda, Murchison Falls National Park attracts a wide range of visitors throughout the year. Murchison Falls National Park fees for entry are US $45 to an international visitor and are valid for 24 hours. A Foreign resident in Uganda/EAC is required US $30 while a Ugandan/EAC citizen gains access to the park at UG Shs20,000 about US $6. Extra time spent at the Park after 24 hours is charged as an extra day. Fees for activities and other park items are charged differently.
When visitors learn of the Gorilla Permit Price in Uganda, it raises their curiosity to know the prices/fees/rates for entrance and activities in other national parks in Uganda. Learning that a Gorilla permit at $700 gives the visitor only one hour to stay with the Gorillas, it’s a relief to them knowing that Murchison Falls National Park fees of $45 paid as entrance will let a visitor explore the park for 24 hours. Note however that a Gorilla trekking Safari is a wildlife experience comparable to none!
Murchison Falls National Park fees for entrance
|Visitor Category||Rate PP in US dollars|
|Foreign Non-resident / International Visitor||45 Adult
|Foreign Resident in Uganda/EAC||35 Adult
|Ugandans and EAC citizens||25,000 (Ug Shillings)
10,000 (Ug Shillings)
- Entrance fees are valid for 24hrs from the time of entry.
- Proof of residence/citizenship status is only by a valid passport (foreign visitors) or national Identification document (EAC/Ugandans).
- With an entrance permit, a visitor can do a game drive but not activities like boat cruise, Chimpanzee tracking, nature walks, birding, extra. A separate payment for each of those activities is required.
- Children are persons of 5 to 15 years. Below 5 years enter for free.
- Payments at the park gate are by mobile money not physical cash.
Annual Park entrance passes for Ugandans/EAC and FR
|Visitor Category||Foreign Resident in E.A (USD||Ugandans/EAC (Ug Shs)|
|Family (4Chn max.)||800||600,000|
|Annual Corporate Pass (10 Pax)||1,500||2,500,000|
|Tour Company Driver||Free|
- Vehicle entry fees are not included
- Applies to all protected areas for foreign residents in Uganda and East African citizens only.
- Foreign residents should have a work permit valid for a year.
- Not valid for park activities including Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo Forest
Vehicle Entry Fees, Boats, Aircrafts and Landing Fees
|Category||Foreign Registered||Ugandan Registered|
|Tour Company vehicles & 4WD||150||30,00|
|Buses & Lorries||200||200,000|
|Boats up to 15 seater||250,000|
|Launches over 15 seaters||350,000|
Fees for Murchison Falls National Park activities
|Activity||Foreign Non-resident||Foreign Resident||Ugandans/EAC|
|Guided game drives (Private)||20 Day Per Vehicle
30 Night PP
|15 Day Per Vehicle
20 Night PP
|20,000 Day Per Vehicle
50,000 Night PP
|Launch cruise to the base of the falls||30||25||30,000|
|Hiking to the Top of the falls||15||10||10,000|
|Viewing Top of the falls||10||10||10,000|
|Sport fishing||50 for 1 day
150 for 4 days
|50 for 1 day
150 for 4 days
|50 for 1 day
150 for 4 days
|UWA Game drive vehicle (where available)||30 Day PP
40 Night PP
|25 Day PP
35 Night PP
|White water rafting||50||50||50,000|
- Rates above exclude park entry fees
- Launch cruise takes a maximum of 45 people and the trips take approximately 2 hours
- Night game drives shall be undertaken by only pre-registered vehicles
- Use of UWA guide is mandatory for night game drives.
Fines and penalties
|Driving off the game tracks||150 PP in the vehicle & is incurred by the driver|
|Over speeding||100,000Shs per incident|
|Animal accident/Road kill||500|
|Hooting in the park||100,000Shs per incident|
|Littering the park||100,000Shs per incident|
|Sitting on top of the vehicle||100 per incident|
Accommodation fees for UWA managed facilities and Campsites
UWA Bandas and Campsites are some of the cheap accommodation options in Murchison Falls Park. Accommodation in dormitory style for example is at 25,000 per adult, 5,000 each student with in a group and 10,000 per child. Student rates apply to primary and secondary school students.